Yogurt and Eggs!

This morning I was despairing. Naomi had refused to eat dinner and Anna had said that she was just going to keep filling up on camomile tea until we were out of the soup phase of the diet. :-P I encouraged everyone to try to hang on just a little longer, but by lunch I gave in and moved us to stage 2, which allows for casseroles and stews. Though I had more fish soup for lunch, I made chili con carne for the rest of the fam. (That's kind of stew-ish, isn't it?) OK, so I probably cheated by using cumin and chili, but at least everyone ate!

Then for a little snack, later in the afternoon, I made cauliflower "rice" and a poached egg (which was a heavenly combination). OK, OK. So I guess I cheated again by not boiling the cauliflower, but I did use lots of ghee. :-}

I'm sure die hard GAPS fans are groaning in agony as they read this, but I figure the key is keeping to the GAPS theme as much as possible, while not starving my family.

I also made yogurt last night which has been entirely eaten up already. So we're on our second batch and I've started what I hope will turn into kefir by tomorrow some time.

For dinner we had chicken chili verde from the Joy of Cooking. I included homemade chicken broth and chicken from the bone, but I made it a wee bit too spicy. We had to use the yogurt to help cool it down.

Everyone ended up eating much better today than they did yesterday, so my worries about us all losing weight aren't as great any more.

The photo here is totally stolen off of Google, but it shows the same kind of yogurt machine that we're using. And while zipping around the internet looking for "can we eat this?" kind of help, I found this page from a GAPS Q&A session that's really helpful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment