Stage Three (End of Week One)

We're blazing through these stages. When I read other people's blogs they seem to spend at least a week, or close to it, on each stage. But I almost had an insurrection on my hands after a day in stage one, so we've quickened our pace. I also keep hoping that we'll get back to a point where my digestion is back to where it used to be, or maybe even better, and I can't see that happening without a bit more fiber in our diets - which doesn't really come until the fermented veggies of stage three. But I haven't started the fermented veggies yet because I think my die-off is of histamine making microbes and apparently you have to wait on the fermented veggies with those guys. :-P Stupid histamine making microbes.

I want to keep track of what we've been eating, but I kinda forgot to post the last two days. So here's the menus since the last time I wrote.

Wednesday (Day 5)
Breakfast: Cauliflower "Rice" and Poached Egg
Lunch: for the kids - Beef Stew with Veggies, for me - Fish Soup. And we all got a 6 oz. jar of homemade yogurt with a teaspoon of honey.
Snack: Yogurt and a bit of honey. Then more yogurt. And after dinner, more yogurt. There was a lot of yogurt eating going on on Wednesday.
Dinner: Duck soup with avocado.

Thursday (Day 6)
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs (with lots of ghee) with slices of avocado.
Lunch: for the kids - Beef Stew with Veggies for 2 and Duck Soup for the 3rd, for me - Fish Soup. And we all got a 6 oz. jar of homemade yogurt with a teaspoon of honey.
Snack: Yogurt, scrambled eggs, raw cashew butter. (Everyone makes their own snacks. So I'm just trying to keep track of what foods went down in a snacky sort of way.)
Dinner: Frittata with peas and onions. Chicken reheated in ghee on the side for those that wanted it.

After dinner, Nathan and I watched the first episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and I had cashew butter mixed with coconut butter (whole coconut flesh all creamed up). It's kind of a relief to have options of foods to snack on now. I think I lost the 5 pounds more because when you're sick of meat and everything that you're allowed to eat is meaty, you tend not to snack at all.

Friday (Day 7)
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs (with lots of ghee) and a couple of squash pancakes.
Lunch: Nathan and Naomi had chili yet again. Anna made scrambled eggs for herself. I had fish soup.
Snack: yogurt, nut butters, coconut
Dinner: Roasted lemon pepper shrimp, peas in ghee, roasted brussel sprouts in coconut oil



My weight seems to have stabilized. After losing a pound a day, I've held steady for the past three days at 5 pounds under where I started. Given how dehydrated I feel these days, I'm sure a lot of that weight was just water. My heart no longer seems to be spazzmatic. I'm still burpy, but no nearly as bad as it was in the beginning of the week. I'm hoping that means the histamine making microbes are on their last legs. On Wednesday I woke up feeling somewhat light headed. That's another type of die off symptom. I guess it's stepping in where the burping is leaving off. I found myself growing fatigued quickly when I was helping out at the local middle school yesterday.

So to sum up: Since starting this diet my digestion has grown worse, my stomach feels yucky after eating, I'm burping a lot, I'm dizzy and I have way less energy. * eyeroll * I've read the testimonies. I know people wax eloquent about how great this diet is. But from everything I've read, the beginning just plain sucks. At the end of week one, we're still in the "this sucks" stage. I look forward to having happier reports over the next week. Stay tuned. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment