Almond Raisin Cookies

I got this recipe from Mommypotamus. It was originally a chocolate chip cookie recipe, but when I tried replacing chocolate with raisins in one batch and the kids loved it, I decided I'd rather lean towards the dried fruit. I also added a little coconut flour to make them a wee bit more chewy. And I removed the vanilla (mostly because I rarely use vanilla. It's expensive and doesn't add enough flavor boost, in my opinion, to warrant addition. I think people are just used to desserts containing the stuff so they add it as part of a cooking tradition. If you like adding vanilla to your cookies, by all means, throw a teaspoon in to the mix.)

This recipe will make about 2 dozen cookies. Because there are no eggs, you can feel free to nibble on the dough.


Ingredients:

½ almond flour
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup honey
¼ cup butter or coconut oil (softened)
½ tsp unrefined sea salt (I use Real Salt from Utah. That way it doesn't have to use as much gasoline to get to my house. I often hear folks recommending Celtic Sea Salt, but the Celts are pretty darn far away from where I live in Colorado.)
½ tsp baking soda
¾ cup raisins (I used golden raisins.)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all ingredients together excepting the raisins. Once the butter or coconut oil is well mixed in, add the raisins.

I used a small OXO cookie scoop to make my cookies. Cookie scoops are really handy. But you could use your hands and roll the dough into small balls, or flattened cookies shapes, or whatever you want, just as well. Packing the dough together in some way helps keep the cookies all together, so do something that involves some smooshing one way or another.  

Bake for 7 minutes. Once you see a bit of brown along the bottom edge, the cookies are done. If you wait till they're brown on top as well, the bottoms will probably be burnt. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment